Sunday 19 October 2014

Rimmel Apocalips



Hello my lovelies! As you probably know, the Rimmel apocalips lip lacquers have been raved about time and time again. I decided it was time I bit the bullet, jumped on the band wagon and tried them out!

Luna is the pale peachy shade pictured in the photograph. The colour is extremely orange toned, which could suit your skin down to the ground! Sadly, it doesn't suit my skin very well, as I am fairly tanned, and I end up looking like I have a bad case of concealer lip! I would definitely say that this colour would look better on fairer skin. When applied only once 'Luna' appears very streaky and patchy, which isnt what you want. Personally, I let each coat dry and then build it up layer at a time to get the opaque lip I'm looking for. However, when the product is built up on your lips the quality really shines through. They're not sticky, and don't wear off for hours!

The other apocalips is 'Apocaliptic'. I picked this up from Pound world! So it was a right old bargain! But this one is actually my favourite of the two! First application allows for an opaque coat first time round, and I end up with the glossiest plumpest looking lips. Unlike a lot of bright lip products, this one doesn't run into the creases around my lips, it says put. I'm pretty sure this shade has blue undertones too, because it makes my teeth much whiter than they naturally are, which is obviously a bonus! Overall, I think its one of my top five lip colours!

I love the packaging of the apocalips. Especially the lids. The geometric pattern, really gives the futuristic feel that I think Rimmel are aiming for. Another thing I really like, is that the bottle is transparent in places, which means you can see the true colour of the product with little difficulty! This makes it easier to find the right shade to put on in those dark winter mornings! The contrast between the black, and the colour of the product really makes the apocalips pop!

Pricing is fairly decent too. At £6.49, i can definitely see myself purchasing some more in the future as they're just that great. 

Leave me some colour recommendations in the comments!

Leanne :)xx

No comments:

Post a Comment