Friday 13 December 2013

My winter essentials...

Hello again my little beauties! I thought I'd show you a few of my winter makeup favorites that I've been loving this winter. This is purely makeup based and I'm hoping to post a skincare and bath time one later in the month so watch out for that! 

So the first thing I've been loving this 'season' is MUA's Koala Bear nail polish, its a middle way grey (my top notch language for half way between light and dark) colour and fits the season really well... And anyway who could resist a nail polish with the name Koala Bear? Adorable I know! Even better? Its only a pound. As you will soon find out I love MUA, its cheap, cheerful and amazing quality! Well worth the hype! When first applied, this nail polish does go on quite sheer, which isn't great for the quick 'n' easy lovers. Personally I think this nail polish is best when I've applied 3-4 coats and waited for them to dry completely. Despite the sheerness I would definitely recommend this nail polish, for the price its amazing! Available HERE


Okay, so the next thing in this bundle of festive favourites is the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, and I won't go into too much detail about this one as I believe Abbie is going to be writing an upcoming post about this little jem. So all I'll say is I love it!! Available HERE

As you can see my next favorite is the body shop lip balm in the flavour 'Guava' which sounds all rather exotic! :) It smells absolutely lovely, and makes me feel all summery, even though we are in the thick of winter haha! And i actually feel like its doing something! With quite a lot of lip balms i don't feel like there doing anything, but the with this it's certainly not the case!! I apply this morning and night as part of my routine (post coming soon), and my lips feel constantly nourished. I sometimes feel the need to re- apply around dinner time right in between. And guess what? It's yet another bargainous product! £2. That's the price i pay for nourished lips. And it lasts a pretty long time too! I also have the flavour strawberry, which is just as good and smells like strawberry laces! YUM! Available HERE

 So there's been a huge hype over the Kate Moss by Rimmel lipsticks this year, and sure enough i jumped onto the band waggon. And yes, i was utterly pleased! I have two shades 02 (pictured above) and 13, both of which i believe have been discontinued (sorry about that one! But i do believe that 01 is VERY similar to 02) Shade 02 is much more of a wintery colour than 13 so i decided to include that one. To be honest, the photograph doesn't do it justice. It's a slightly more deeper berry tone. It's not a drying formula at all and is almost a matte finish which i love! Its also very long lasting, and fantastic for parties and meals! To make this lipstick a little more classy, i just add a couple of coats of clear gloss that i re-apply every so often to keep my lips looking fresh!

As you can see towards the back there's a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I bought this around September time, and before i bought this, i used to just apply my foundation with my finger. However now i can't go back, i have numerous Real Technique Brushes, and i'm hoping to write a mini series of reviews and uses on them so again i don't particularly want to go into a full depth review, but i do believe this brush works ten times better than your average flat foundation brush and really leaves a nice 'flawless' affect finish.  Available HERE

And to the final thing in my 'winter essentials'. My simple moisturizer, as you've probably already seen i wrote an in depth  blog post on this only yesterday, (blog post HERE) so theres no point going into it all. But just to clarify, this is by far my favorite moisturizer, and i'm going to continue to use it! It's perfect for my skin type, so why change?

So that's a summary of my 'Winter Essentials' i hope you've enjoyed it and sorry its been a long un'!
Leanne :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment