Monday 3 November 2014

Makeup .

Today I want to talk about something slightly different. Its going to be a long post, so I'd grab yourself a cuppa or beverage of your choice, maybe even play some music if you want!

* please read till the end, my argument balances out in the end haha! *

Makeup seems to be coming a prominant part of modern day teenagers lives. As a beauty enthusiast, i'm certainly not saying this is bad. I just feel like too many young people are so easily influenced by media of many forms, to do things they're not comfortable with, whether this be too much or too little makeup!

Personally wearing makeup makes me feel much more 'confident in my own skin' but for some girls wearing makeup just isn't 'them'. The media portrays so many naturally beautiful women wearing makeup 24/7 and let's face it we are all influenced. I know that I certainly have felt like makeup is the way forward. But If someones happy without makeup, why should they be made to feel victimised because they're wearing their bare skin? Go them!

In the same way, girls who wear alot of makeup shouldn't bwle constantly reminded of their heavier makeup. You see we all have variying opinions on what 'too much' is. Although were free to have our own opinions, we dont have make ourselves better by dragging others down. There may be deeper meanings as to why they wear so much makeup, that we don't know. These girls also, should do what they feel most comfortable in! If you have a passion for makeup, show it!

I'm neither saying too much or too little makeup is right. Do what you want. Its your face, and your choice what goes on it! No matter what you put on your face though, you are you... your lack or lot of makeup is part of you. And you, yes every single one of you are fabulous!

I realised that although I love makeup, to others it means nothing. And I just wanted to share with you what I think. I understand this could be a very contraversial article, but hey ho!

Anyways! I hoped you enjoyed today's post guys! Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments!

Leanne :) xx

3 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said. Personally, I could go out in no makeup at all (and often do) but I just like having some on. It makes me feel more put together and it makes me take a few minutes just "pampering myself.

    Dusty Foxes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you said and it's wrong that people are judged but it is always going to happen it's the world we live in. I personally don't wear make up that much I wouldn't say that I am confident or anything like that but I was always a tom boy growing up and it wasn't like a "in" thing to do where as my sister she is 16 and I never see her without her make up on so I don;t know whether it is a era thing or what. But each to their own there is no right or wrong way to go about things I guess. Great post love reading ones like this. xox

    http://rainbowsandunicorns27.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with everything you said.
    Personally, I wear make up when I go out because I feel more put together but I wouldn't judge someone because they don't have a face full of makeup, if they're comfortable in their own skin then go them!
    Great post, I love reading ones like these :)

    pursuitofwxnderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete